Oct. 6, 2015 – The following closures and lane restrictions are expected the rest of this week in connection with construction on the Downtown Crossing:
Overnight closures scheduled Tuesday, October 6-Saturday, October 10*
- Ramp from I-64 East to I-65 North
- Ramp from I-65 South to I-64 East/I-71 North
- Ramp from I-65 North to I-71 North
- Ramp from I-64 West to I-65 South
- Two lanes of I-64 West from Story Avenue to the I-65 split
- Two lanes of I-64 East from 3rd Street to Mellwood Avenue
- One lane of I-65 North from Muhammad Ali Boulevard to Main Street
Work scheduled for Thursday, October 8
- Project-wide rolling closures 10 a.m.-1 p.m. for pothole patching
*Overnight closures are scheduled to begin around 9 p.m. and end by 5 a.m. Signed detours are in place during full closures.
A wave of continuous work along the I-65 corridor will lead to intermittent closures on several Downtown Louisville streets through the end of the project in late 2016. Closures are not continuous and will be shifting as work dictates. Signed detours will be in place during full closures. The majority of work on streets south of Main Street will conclude when the new Downtown bridge opens to traffic by January 2016, with occasional closures to follow
The following streets are impacted:
- Floyd Street from Muhammad Ali Boulevard to Liberty Street
- Hancock Street from Main Street to Clay Street
- Jackson Street from Jefferson Street to Market Street
- Jefferson Street from Jackson Street to Floyd Street
- Liberty Street from Floyd Street to Preston Street
- Main Street from Hancock Street to Jackson Street
- Market Street from Hancock Street to Jackson Street
- Preston Street from Jefferson Street to Liberty Street
- River Road from Preston Street to Witherspoon Street (2 lanes)
- Witherspoon Street from Slugger Field to Clay Street and from Adams Street to River Road
Additional intermittent closures
- Frankfort Avenue from Story Avenue to River Road, with local access available between Story Avenue and Washington Street
- Mellwood Avenue under I-64
- Story Avenue under I-64
- Ramp from I-64 East to I-65 South closed through late 2015
- Ramp from Story Avenue to I-64 West is closed
- Ramp from Liberty Street to I-65 North is closed
- I-65 North from Muhammad Ali Boulevard to Witherspoon Street reduced to two through lanes of traffic, with the right lane a mandatory exit to Muhammad Ali Boulevard
- I-65 South and I-65 North reduced to two through lanes of traffic from the Kennedy Bridge to Brown’s Station Way through late 2016
- I-65 North and I-65 South reduced to three through lanes of traffic from approximately mile marker 1.5 to mile marker 3.5 (approximately Brown’s Station Way to just south of Veterans Parkway).
- Ramp from US 31 South to Court Avenue is closed. Drivers don’t have direct access to Court Avenue or the Clark Memorial Bridge.
- No direct access to I-65 North from the Clark Memorial Bridge. US 31-North traffic must exit onto Court Avenue. Drivers wanting to access I-65 North are directed to the 10th Street ramp. A signed detour is in place.
- 9th Street is closed from Indiana Avenue to Marriott Drive.
The actual starting date and duration for the work may be adjusted if inclement weather or other unforeseen activities occur. Also, given the aggressive overall construction schedule for the project, Walsh DBT may shift work schedules when opportunities arise. Find all of the latest traffic information at www.kyinbridges.com.