Feb. 9, 2016 – The following closures and lane restrictions are expected the rest of this week in connection with construction on the Downtown Crossing.
Overnight closures scheduled Tuesday, February 9-Saturday, February 13*
- Ramp from I-64 East to I-71 North
- Ramp from I-64 East to I-65 South
- Ramp from I-64 West/I-71 South to I-65 North
- Ramp from I-64 West/I-71 South to I-65 South
- Ramp from I-65 North to I-71 North
- Ramp from Muhammad Ali Boulevard to I-65 North
- Two lanes of I-64 West from Story Avenue to the I-65 split
- Two lanes of I-64 East from 3rd Street to Mellwood Avenue
- One lane of I-65 North from Muhammad Ali Boulevard to Main Street
- One lane of I-65 South from the Lincoln Bridge to Muhammad Ali Boulevard
Work scheduled for Thursday, February 11
- Project-wide rolling closures 10 a.m.-1 p.m. for pothole patching
*Overnight closures are scheduled to begin around 9 p.m. and end by 5 a.m. Signed detours are in place during full closures.
A wave of continuous work along the I-65 corridor will lead to intermittent closures on several Downtown Louisville streets through the end of the project in late 2016. Closures are not continuous and will be shifting as work dictates. Signed detours will be in place during full closures. The majority of work on streets south of Main Street concluded when the new Abraham Lincoln Bridge opened to traffic in December 2015, with occasional closures to follow.
The following streets are impacted:
- Floyd Street from Muhammad Ali Boulevard to Liberty Street
- Hancock Street from Main Street to Clay Street
- Jackson Street from Jefferson Street to Market Street
- Jefferson Street from Jackson Street to Floyd Street
- Liberty Street from Floyd Street to Preston Street
- Main Street from Hancock Street to Jackson Street
- Market Street from Hancock Street to Jackson Street
- Preston Street from Jefferson Street to Liberty Street
- River Road from Preston Street to Witherspoon Street (2 lanes)
- Witherspoon Street from Slugger Field to Clay Street and from Adams Street to River Road
Additional intermittent closures
- Frankfort Avenue from Story Avenue to River Road, with local access available between Story Avenue and Washington Street
- Mellwood Avenue under I-64
- Story Avenue under I-64
- Kennedy Bridge is closed. One lane is expected to reopen in late July to restore access to I-64 West, I-64 East and I-71 North. It’s expected to fully open late this year.
- Ramp from I-65 South to I-64 West closed through late July
- Ramp from I-65 South to I-64 East and I-71 North closed through late July
- Ramp from I-64 East to I-65 North closed through late 2016
- Ramp from Story Avenue to I-64 West is closed
- Ramp from Liberty Street to I-65 North is closed
- I-65 North from Muhammad Ali Boulevard to Witherspoon Street reduced to two through lanes of traffic, with the right lane a mandatory exit to Muhammad Ali Boulevard. The lane will be a through lane when the Liberty Street ramp reopens.
- I-65 South and I-65 North reduced to two through lanes of traffic from the Abraham Lincoln Bridge to Brown’s Station Way through late 2016
- I-65 North and I-65 South reduced to three through lanes of traffic from approximately mile marker 1.5 to mile marker 3.5 (approximately Brown’s Station Way to just south of Veterans Parkway)
- Alternating closures on Market Street and Riverside Drive from Clark Street to Riverpointe Plaza. When Market Street is closed, drivers will use Riverside Drive. When Riverside Drive is closed, drivers will use Market Street.
- 9th Street is closed from Indiana Avenue to Marriott Drive
The actual starting date and duration for the work may be adjusted if inclement weather or other unforeseen activities occur. Also, given the aggressive overall construction schedule for the project, Walsh DBT may shift work schedules when opportunities arise. Find all of the latest traffic information at www.kyinbridges.com.